That's a weird way to start off a blog, but I think I'll say it again.
Man- God is so great!
Some days (and probably not often enough) you just have those moment where you're at a loss for words and it just makes you wanna shout for praise or just sit on the floor and cry. To cry out to God and thank Him, tell Him how much you love Him, and how much more you want to deepen your relationship with Him.
For many years I've had no doubt that the God of the universe exists... but now I'm finally beginning to understand how real He is. In every single little thing, God is putting His influence in it for a purposeful outcome. I think it was Shell who wrote about this a while ago, about how God is so so big, He's huge! Over every thing you could ever think of, He's there. That's why I've found myself lately referring to my Father as the God of the universe. I remember listening to a _Tag Podcast (they're the youth group at New Life church) and hearing a sermon about just how big God is. I find it so incredible that as enormous as God is, He's still got His hands over every little thing that I do. That He still sees me crying out for Him, and will take care of me just as He watches over another little girl thousands of miles across the world. I just become so speechless at that thought. It's one of those things that you can never fully understand, no natural human mind could ever even grasp how huge, yet so close, God really is. But that's the thing about God, He's supernatural! Even those parts that I'm beginning to comprehend are just the small little bits of it... and that just makes me so in awe of Him.
Man!
I guess I'm gonna jump over to another topic that i've really been thinking a lot about lately- purity. I borrowed When Dreams Come True from Aundi this past week, and I've got to say, whoa. It truly is an OUTSTANDING book. When you begin to see how God works, and how places people in our lives, it's just like... whoa. Or sometimes awww, or ohhh. Like you never really think that certain things that are happening are from God, especially the things that you are most skeptical about. When God's story in still in the process for you, that's when you are anxious or confused about everything that's going on. And it's not until after He's completed the work He has planned that you say, 'ohhh that's why this happened'.
And that just makes me so cautious of my attitude. Because since I know that God's hands are in the works for my life, I don't have to get all worked up over what's going on right now. Most of you probably know this, if not all of you, but I've never been in a relationship, been asked out, been dumped, the list goes on. And especially in the past the enemy used to sneak up behind me and try to tell all these lies that i'm not good enough or anything of the sort. And although that did hurt at times, I never really showed it, or did anything to try to make up for it. But I am beginning to find that lack of reaction is absolutely the protection that God has had on my heart for all these years. And this book has reassured me that He's got a great man destined for me, and is preparing him just as well as I'm being molded into the woman God wants me to be. And I choose to respect and honor that.
From reading this book, you just can't pass by it without thinking of the Proverbs 31 woman. So, as you'd probably guess, here's a little excerpt:
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised
Proverbs 31:30
Did I not tell you that book was AWESOME?
ReplyDeleteI shall have to read that book sometime =) GOD IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete~Morgan