Friday, May 27, 2011

Second Chances & Some Sun



On Thursday, May 19th, I became an official High School graduate. Unfortunately enough, the ceremony itself (or lack thereof) was quite a disapointment.

Colorado's weather has been misbehaving these last few weeks, and it decided to thunderstorm on our ceremony. Normally, I am a rather optimistic individual, so I kept my head up high thinking, "what harm can a little rain do?"
Bad idea.


My cute friend Kelsey!
Administration informed us prior to the event that graduates were prohibited from bringing umbrellas (another terrible idea), so once arriving at the beautiful Red Rocks ampitheatre we were obligated to stand and get thundered upon for two hours before the ceremony. The inclement weather forced us to quicken the ceremony and cut straight to the handing of diplomas; all speeches and performances had to be cut out. Even more unfortunate enough, it became a trend for each student to leave directly after receiving their diploma :(. Many students walked across the stage with ponchos on, and a few even had beach towels around them!


I hear it even made it to national news! If you'd like to see the local news report, you can find it here.

We were soaked (an understatement), chattering (the non-verbal kind), and frostbitten (legitimately in so much pain!), but we can all agree on one thing:

it was a graduation to remember.

The only thing on everyone's mind was having an opportunity to take grad pictures...so a few days later we finally did :)








I'm thankful for a beautiful Sunday with some beautiful ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...