| nikolinelr |
As I dwelt on the thought, I fought with myself arguing isn't it admirable to have so much belief in the power of our expectations?
While that is good and all, there is one err that presents itself: there is too much thinking involved. The focus becomes more about us and less about His almighty power. Our minds adopt the attitude that clenching our fists tight enough, or reminding God of our infallible faith, will loose the blessing we've been looking for. We need to walk in a completely different kind of faith.
What is this difference I speak of? Faith that is raw. It doesn't hesitate, question, or bare the need to reaffirm itself. The reality of it all is that God moves according to His will when we ask and believe. So why can't we just receive that simple promise? I assume that it is because we fear vulnerability. It almost feels risky to leave our affairs in the hands of another. AND then to whole-heartedly believe in their ability to perform? AND then to be constantly told that it is foolish to rely on a certain Someone who is not seen?
Would you risk it? Or (shall I rephrase), are you risking it?
In the Gospels a desperate woman demonstrates her faith with the belief that she will be healed by simply touching the edge of the Messiah's garmet. She had no desire to be noticed, have hands laid on her, or be prayed for. She had that much faith in a Healer that nothing but a touch of cloth was necessary.
Sounds vulnerable? You bet. Our aim should always be infallible in faith and vulnerable in flesh.
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"-Hebrews 11:1 (KJ21)
(Where to start? Romans 10:17 clearly states that "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Try out Hebrews 11...ready.set.go!)
oh that verse. seems to be the central theme of my season.
ReplyDeleteFaith is raw. I love that! It really is. Faith acts and trust without needing to test or question. Well put.
ReplyDelete