(This may be too personal, perhaps, but bare with me if you wish)
| via |
As I spent time in worship and prayer and thought of such things, God spoke clearly to me one simple word:
CONDITIONING
Before I dive into that right there, I'll give a bit of background. There has only been a couple other occurrences where I have undoubtedly known that God has placed different words on my heart, each of these being revealed over this eight month period. The first was after our church's most recent Prophetic Convocation (much like a week-long conference) back in February. One of the guest speakers, Pastor Israel Campbell, laid his hands on me and I recall a feeling that I couldn't describe at the moment other than something that was so, so pure. It wasn't until later that night that I realized what had been imparted in me:
VIRTUE
I immediately thought of the woman with the issue of blood desperately reaching out to touch Jesus' garmet for her healing. Jesus may not have known he had been touched if he had not felt virtue leave his body. I remember feeling priviledged, in a way, knowing that this same blessing was loosed in me. I wasn't all too suprised to find that virtue is defined as purity and moral excellence/righteousness, but it also is known as an effective force or power, and manly courage or valor. Thank you Lord that that lives inside of me.
And the conditioning part? Ah yes. He revealed to me that my pursuit this year has been a training for what is to come. I have no doubt that as I move out next week and begin my college career it'll come with both challenges and opportunities. But I know that I am well equipped with the strength and conditioning the Lord has brought me through. He has conditioned me with virtue, and that in itself lets me know that it has such an effective power.
It takes nine months for the process of incubation to be completed, preparing for the birth of that individual. I don't think God intended this timing just to be humorous, but I'm smiling anyhow.
"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much"- James 5:16
that is awesome. The way God's timing works with what He imparts. May you be blessed this academic year to overcome challenges and take full advantage of the opportunities.
ReplyDeleteSon,
ReplyDeleteI am in tears right now. I have seen such growth and change in you over the past year! I cannot wait to see what college life brings for you. I know you will go and be blessed and I also know that this is just the infant learning years for you! You are such a smart and beautiful woman and not only that a woman of God! You have such a powerful and strong impact in my life that I am so honored and proud to call you one of my absolute closest friends! I love you to life and this is just ahhh too much to write down! We need to do lunch/dinner ASAP!
LOVE YOU BABE!