Saturday, August 6, 2011

Not To Us


via AveryRay
I find comfort in knowing that my labor is not in vain.

My prayer (or rather, declaration) lately has been acknowledging that none of this is for us. And by this I mean the worship, the sacrifice, the shouting, the tears. I wouldn't be doing it for Someone who wasn't real. If not, all of my efforts would be in vain.

In fact, I wouldn't even want to give so much of myself for the sake of myself. I don't want to live a life for Christ just so that I can reap the benefits: favor, prosperity, eternity. I feel like even that would be missing the point. Like an amazing friend of mine, Emnet, has stated, "He is the point." If not for Him, all things would be in vain.

"Not to us, but to Your name be the glory."- Chris Tomlin

He deserves it.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad I found your blog!!! Such a wonderful writer! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is very inspirational! i love it!

    xxoo

    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true! Lately I have been continually having to sacrifice more and more of myself and like you said, I wouldn't give so much of myself for the sake of myself! Perfect way of putting it! It's rather encouraging to purposefully think of why I am doing what I'm doing, so thank you ma'am for this post! That statement is pretty profound for me today!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...