Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Indispensable

Because real love, is hard love.
"Who Are We Fooling?"~Brooke Fraser ft. Aqualung

Untitled

I don't think I could agree more with this statement.

Quite frankly, real love is hard. And not just on a romantic scale as we are so prone to suggest--any type of real love will at some point require a more difficult, hard love. It could be a parent disciplining their child for the first time or a young adult learning to love their spiteful co-workers. But that authentic, unconditional "agape" love shows the need for measures of discipline (discipline--a topic that's been heavy on my mind for this past school year. I will write about this one soon).

My NIV Bible labels 1 Corinthians 13 (often referred to as the "love chapter") with a subheading that says "Love is indispensable." I took to the dictionary to get a proper definition of indispensable and this is what I found: "absolutely necessary, essential, or requisite." So since we know that love is a necessity, we also know that it'll be hard. And it may quite possibly be the basis for some of the most difficult decisions we'll have to make in our lives. I'm sure many of you can even attest to the hard nature of love in your own lives. But regardless of your circumstances, experiences, setbacks and failures, always keep in mind:

Love never fails.
{Hard} Love never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...