Thursday, May 31, 2012

Days to Come

"She is clothed in strength and dignity,
She can laugh at the days to come."
~Proverbs 31:25

via
The Lord certainly knew what He was doing when included smiling and laughter as a characteristic of the Proverbs 31 woman. For this wife of noble character, I do not believe these muses are merely a reaction to humorous impulses, but rather are the result of a habitation of strength and dignity.

Strength and dignity require circumstances where one can choose to take on the alternative routes of accepting frailty or becoming idle. It is through these circumstances that this woman consciously inhabits such strength and makes the decision to walk with the utmost excellence that although she may not have the reason to, she can laugh at the days to come.

 {I think this has become my favorite verse}

3 comments:

  1. Sonia that's absolutely wonderful. I love your thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So so beautiful! This verse is such an enjoyable reminder for me <3 - Katlyn from hiddeninlove.com

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...