Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Reward in the Revolution

Stationary bike

These past several months I've taken to a hobby I would have never through I'd be drawn to: stationary cycling.

Just like with any other stationary exercise equipment, your progress is not as easily measured by sight. The most you're given in order to evaluate the road you've endured is the distance traveled (outside of time elapsed, calories burned, RPM, etc.).

Because of this, it is very easy to grow weary all too quickly. There is no change of scenery, you are constantly repeating the same motions, and it is more difficult to fully grasp how far you've come.

Our battles and journey in our walk cannot always be easily quantified. Oftentimes as we strive to be an uplifting fragrance unto our Lord we are not able to see the fruits of our pursuit. Similar to that of a stationary bike, I have a feeling that this is the reason why so many Christians become increasingly weary in their walk.

We too quickly fail to recognize that not one ounce of our pursuit His kingdom could ever be in vain:
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." ~Ephesians 6:12
I challenge you to remember that all of the strain you fight through in order to complete that next mile is not in fruitless--there is a place more real than this life itself that holds the reward in each revolution of the wheel. There will come a time when we will get to experience what Truth really is. It is then that we will realize that every increase in resistance on that stationary bike has always been an uphill battle in a glorious field that we will one day taste, and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...