"This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
This seed I've received, I will sow"
Hillsong : : Desert Song
![]() |
| photo by me |
I remember harvesting its fruit last summer by the hundreds--and (quite literally) enjoying the fruits of our labor. There were so many apples that several dozens growing from the branches we could not reach would create a large heap of overflow on the ground below it.
And yet, I wish I could say the same for this summer.
It may be due to some type of bird or animal breed finding residency in our backyard, or perhaps we can hold last May's insane hail storm responsible, or maybe it's just been a poor year for apples, but this season's harvest has been next to non-existent.
Although I speak from a literal viewpoint, our spiritual lives oftentimes experience the same thing. And yet, I cannot help but be reminded of those words written by Ms. Brooke Fraser/Ligertwood herself: "I know I'm filled to be emptied again, this seed I've received I will sow."

love that last quote you shared =)
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you Sonia. God bless you and keep up the good work. LOVE from your aunt Pat.
ReplyDelete