| photo by me |
God's timing is not only perfect, but an absolute form of grace.
Several days ago the Lord put this phrase heavy on my heart. I was thinking back to some moments over the summer that brought a bit of disappointment, and hastily blamed everything on timing. It wasn't until later (isn't it always like that!?) that I found a deal of thanksgiving in knowing that the Lord had worked for my good and had once again thrown me into that ocean of grace.
The Holy Spirit has convicted me, quite frankly, in this hindsight. How dare I even think the One who holds time in His hand wasn't acting with perfection? That He already hadn't crafted a more perfect story than the one I planned as my own? . . .
I have found that there is no better form of lyrical worship than to quiet yourself for a moment, and reflect on the words you are singing. I had another one of these moments this past weekend at an incredible state-wide campus ministry (Cru) conference in the mountains (I will post about this if I am up to it, no promises haha!). I was introduced to a song by Kristian Stanfill called "Always." During this song, I found so much joy in taking a moment to realize my belief in the first line of the chorus:
"Oh my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength, always"
"He will not delay." In the past I would have probably been able to claim this as truth without really understanding the complete accuracy of this statement. The Lord will not (and cannot) delay. . . wow.
His timing is perfect; it is our perception that is not - and it may never be - but this is simply the human condition. If we could only begin to apply that hindsight of the holy spirit into our present situations, I think we will enter into all things with such a thankfulness for His grace in each moment.
Wishing you all the best.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME>>????????
ReplyDeleteI was just introduced to "Always" a couple of days ago and it has been on my heart nonstop, those exact words even! This is such confirmation. So glad God has so much grace over our lives that He even led me to your post exactly when I needed it!
Wow, I am so encouraged to hear that! His ways are beautiful :)
Deletewow, i really like what you said -- "His timing is perfect; it is our perception that is not - and it may never be - but this is simply the human condition. If we could only begin to apply that hindsight of the holy spirit into our present situations, I think we will enter into all things with such a thankfulness for His grace in each moment."
ReplyDelete