Thursday, December 27, 2012

Forward

"We need never shout across to an empty space to an absent God. He is nearer than our own soul, closer than our most secret thoughts." - Tozer

For quite a while now I have been praying for the Lord to saturate every part of me. I grew up in a church environment where the opportunity to frequently worship unashamed became a part of my strong foundation.

Stepping away from my church as I came to college first became a bit of a struggle spiritually because I felt that His nearness was not as evident as it had been the majority of my life. And, yet, I knew that this change was good, and that it'd be beautiful.

During many times this past year and a half I found myself wanting to be where I used to be spiritually, to no longer be desensitized to His spirit and be able to feel experience Him with a more familiar light.

But as I began my sophomore year I came to the realization that this in itself was the problem: do I desire to turn my head towards the past? Consequently, my prayers became more of a strive to move forward and experience Him on an entirely new level with a greater understanding of who He is. Though the past was so good, and incredibly beautiful, it was necessary for its time.

Though I may not have reached the "resolution" of this pursuit in particular, I have been blessed to worship Him in my time with others, and this has become a staple part of my life as a college student. I am so, so thankful for community. I am learning to laugh heartily, listen carefully, speak when necessary, and most of all, to love deeply.

We are made to be more like Him.
We are made to love.

Love knows no end. 
Ah, Lord, you are good. My heart is full.

{I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and enjoy the remainder of the year. 2012 has been a beauty.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts...