This morning I had myself a good cry.
It was awesome because I have the whole house to myself, and it was the perfect time to spend sometime with God without any distractions. Like you guys have mentioned in previous posts, prayer one (or was it two?) week ago was just amazing when Lead Me to the Cross came on. You could literally just feel that God was in the room, and that completely broke me down. The kind of experience that brings you to your knees and just makes you cry uncontrollably without even realizing it. You can just feel something on you, or around you, but it's not burdenous at all. Rather peaceful. It's so... overwhelming when you're completely wrapped up in God's arms, and you can just feel that He is so so real.
This morning I was listening to Brooke Fraser's words and God met me right there. By myself, isolated in my own room, I experienced God in the same way I did at Apex. You know, it always seems a little bit different at conferences like Apex or Winterblast than regular services or prayer. Or at least, that's the way it was for me for so long. I would always have a great encounter with God, but when it came to the norm, that was always a little bit different. Like He's still there, but I felt it just wasn't the same as being on the top of a mountain. But it really shouldn't have to be that way. God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, so experiencing Him shouldn't take a full band or a worship leader directing my worship.
I don't really need anything big or someone to tell me to press in and keep going forward, because in reality, just someone pushing you to do it doesn't actually make you do it. That's a decision that I need to make individually; something between God and I, no one else can make that happen.
I love when I'm home alone so I can praise God too! Even if I am just in the basement and Sydney is not with me! Awesome God is my song to god! I love praising him with that song first thing! I love god!
ReplyDelete~Morgan