Friday, December 31, 2010

You Reign, Over Everything Lord, You Reign

Hmm it's been a while (a year and a few days to be exact). Quite a year of pruning. If you haven't already noticed, I deleted a good amount of past posts--would have done them all but there's always a few that you just can't seem to let go of... Not in the way that they need 'letting go,' but rather perserving testimony.

So why the name change? Because:

1. It's a new season
If you know me, seasons play a huge role in my life. I believe that God puts us through periods of circumstances so that we may grow and encourage ourselves, and others, in who He is. And  no, I don't think it's a new season just simply because we have to go out and buy new calendars. It's just one of those things that I can oftentimes discern as it applies to my life. And even if you can't really make the distinction, you know that they are put in place when you look back on your life and are able to say, "Ohh, that was just a rough point for me" or "Those were the best days of my life."

2. I like the idea of Kingdoms
The thought of a Kingdom makes me think of the wonder and awe we have in our youth. Especially as small children everything just seems so majestic. We have the ability to believe this world has no limits as to what is possible. This is where I want to be. That's what I'm looking for in 2011. I want to have faith that sets no boundries and does not even have to question itself whether or not it is good enough to be contained within the limits a mustard seed.

Most importantly there's the Ultimate Kingdom waiting for me as I write! Oh and "Agape"? Nothing is better than God's unconditional love; it's unmeasureable, irreplaceable, and even greater, inevitable.

I also am loving Kingdoms because of Brooke Fraser. But is that really news coming from Sonia? On her latest album, Flags, I have fallen in love with one of her songs, "Orphans, Kingdoms." Go take a listen right HERE and you'll see what I mean! Hence the inspiration for "wide eyes and paper crowns." :)

3. Another Relevant Revelation
It's always a little strange when I get random epiphanies because they seem to occur in very familiar places and situations. This one happened during my Modern Euro class early this past semester when my teacher was lecturing about medieval life. She taught us that the word "King" really originates from the dialect of the barbaric Germanic tribes that brought down the Roman Empire. The man whom was the most valiant warrior and fearless war leader would become known as "the King." This took a great deal of strength, assertion of his power, and would result in successfully conquering obstacles that stood in the way of his people. Their King would fight for them, and always had a plan set forth before any of his men took a step onto their battleground.

Sounds a little like my King, don't you think? God's always got a plan for you before you even have any idea where you're going. And what reassures me the most--He's gonna fight for me. I don't even have to worry about trying to do everything in my own ability to be successful. I can keep my focus at reintroducing unyielding faith because my King's got it down. And best yet... He's ALREADY won each battle. All I've got to do is surrender myself to His will and allow Him to take control. Sounds like a plan to me.

1 comment:

  1. I just love you Sonia and I can't wait to see what God does with you in 2011! I know I am going to see a huge change in you and I am so excited! I look forward to reading more blog posts!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...