If you haven't had the opportunity to read last week's post, check out PART 1! From it we know that Jesus was the force that tore apart the veil that separated God's presence from his people, so now we have the opportunity to experience what it is to have a real relationship with God.
While listening to the podcast I didn't really understand why it was that God had placed the veil there in the first place. I asked myself, "Doesn't He want to know us? Why would He want to separate us from who He is? Was it necessary?" And then of course, Brent Parsley addressed it as if he was speaking directly to me! So why is it that he set up this barrier in the first place?Because our God is just.
And that is the most accurate way to describe it. A couple of posts ago I shared a quote that read: "Justice is getting what we deserve [and] mercy is not getting what we deserve." Due to the just nature of God if we were to irrationally approach His presence during the days of the old covenant we were at a very great risk. Romans 6:23 writes that the punishment for sin is death. Being that God is a just God, and that His words never falter, approaching His throne even with a regretful, sinful heart could very much cause death.
It is through my Creator's mercy that he set up the veil. He protected and kept the Israelites safe by implementing the barrier. And yet, God still had greater plans.
Once again, through that unconditional mercy God willingly gifts (yes, gifts), sent His son to be the ultimate sacrifice we need. We don't have to worry about slaughtering the best lamb for our salvation.
(And yet, there is still more on the subject, stay tuned for part 3!)
"'Cause I know my God saved the day,
And I know His word never fails,
I know my God made a way for me,
It's gonna be alright."
'Salvation is Here'- Hillsong United
Really, Salvation is here. It's already been done.
I love that song! :) and, yes, very true! God's justice is an attribute that many people don't like to think about- but that's a key part of who He is! Thank you for bringing that to light. Love it, Sonia!
ReplyDelete