Rend [rĕnd]--verb (the freeonlinedictionary.com)
1. To tear away forcibly; violently pulling, splitting, or dividing to tear apart
2. To cause pain or distress to3. To disturb (as a noise or cry) the air, silence, etc. with a shrill or piercing tone
I have realized that Christ's cruxification was a rendering in every aspect; Jesus endured a great deal of suffering on the cross, He cried out with a loud voice before giving up His spirit which caused the Earth and rocks to split, and that veil was torn apart from top to bottom (Matthew 27:50-51).
Romans 8:39 says, "Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." And it's true--there is absolutely nothing in this world that could ever try and stand between the love the Father has for His children.
Not even ourselves.
However, I feel like all too often we allow ourselves to become a veil--oftentimes without even realizing it. We sing "nothing can separate us, nothing can come between us, nothing can separate us now," meanwhile our focuses are on other things outside of God's will. And then we wonder why we aren't feeling His presence... or we feel that our relationship isn't as fervent as it used to be...
So then, I'm sure you all know what this is leading up to:
SURRENDER.
Although the laws of the English language do not correlate between these two words (meaning that the root of 'rend' in surrender is a different denotation than the 'rend' I am speaking about), it just seems all too fitting! If we're not feeling the true and mighty power of God we need to begin to surrender all we have and give it back to Him. It's not an easy task, and I'm most definitely not the person to tell you what it individually entails for you, but it's SO necessary. It's like, I don't know, someone building a bridge for you to cross raging waters, but instead you repeatedly choose swim in the middle of a hurricane. What reason do we have to not use it?? He graciously gave us an incredible gift, and we need to open ourselves to receive it.
If it involves pain, just do it.
If it involves some tears, just do it.
If it involves tearing down some walls, just do it.
Surrender, AND rend yourself.
Our God will NEVER stop loving us, even if we aren't reciprocating it (Isn't His agape love incredible?). WE are the ones who need to make the decision to surrender every piece of our being. So there's my challenge to you, let's make sure we aren't the ones creating such unnecessary divisions with the King. He made it so there wouldn't be a thing in the world to separate us, so don't allow yourself to be that veil. Go ahead and REND it!
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in..."- Revelation 3:20 (NIV)
The bible says "if you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep doing it." I know those aren't the exact words but you get the point. This es so true Sonia! You are awesome! And I like your new layout!
ReplyDeletehave a great day!
~Morgan
Sonia,
ReplyDeleteI got goosebumps reading that post. I really grabbed things from the whole series of rending my veil. I really liked the last part swimming when there's a bridge. Often times that happens so much to myself and other people and we're too stubborn to see it! Gosh I loved that.
We talked a lot about this type of stuff at the mix tonight and I feel the words you have written are exactly what God has been speaking to me! Gosh I LOVE his presence and getting so INTO HIM!!
LOVE YOU and THANK YOU!
TELLA